question

Raul Bretas avatar image
Raul Bretas asked Raul Bretas answered

Automatic Call Recording notification

The users in my organization are becoming concerned after receiving these notification emails that states to the user "an administrator of your RingCentral phone system has turned on automatic call recording on your extension". My employee receives this notification at random and there is no audit log of this interaction. There is no way of turning off this email notification without turning off call recording for the user all together. The other option is to change all user email to one a single email. neither of the option or good enough, I need the employee to still receive email notification of their missed calls. My employee feels as if IT department are listening in on their calls and we need a solution to remove this notification completely or re-word the email in such a way that it doesn't villainize my department. We have been a RingCentral customer for 3 years with hundreds of users and we pay a lot of money for RingCentral services, and we feel as if this problem needs to be accommodated. RingCentral Q.PNG

ringcentral appadmin portalcall recording
ringcentral-q.png (57.4 KiB)
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Raul, we raised this concern already, but we have no updates yet. Would you mind adding your vote for this at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-3434?

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Why is this still just an IDEA ???

0 Likes 0 ·
Todd Stehle avatar image Todd Stehle mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

We would also like this feature.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ven Francisco avatar image Ven Francisco commented ·

Hi Mary,

Do we already have an update on this issue? I have a customer who also has the same concern.

Ven

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Raul Bretas avatar image
Raul Bretas answered

In the last two years that i posted this, i found my own solution to this problem. I took advantage of Microsoft 365 Security for my tenant. "https://security.microsoft.com/". From here i created a rule for the quarantined message to specifically quarantine the message that states, "Call Recording" and it's from RingCentral, basically. From there i can do whatever i need from with the email as a global admin. You can be more specific with your configuration, but my advice would be to explore your tenant or domain options. This won't work for everyone, but this did work for me. Hopefully this helps.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app