News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
RingCentral.Net - RingOut doesn't place call when 1st leg is RingCentral number
Tags: sdk, rest api
Dec 27, 2021 at 3:00pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Shelby Tolliver

Our users work off a dashboard of patients, each patient listed with name and phone number. Each of our users has their own RingCentral account and individual phone number. When a user clicks a patients number (from the dashboard), the application (browswer based) utilizes the RingCentral.Net NuGet package and fills out the "MakeRingOutRequest" object with the RingCentral number of the user in the "from" field, the number of the patient in the "to" field, and then the RestClient is called via ...

restClient.Restapi().Account().Extension().RingOut().Post(makeRingOutRequestObject);

This all works fine in the Sandbox account, but not in production. In production, if I use my mobile phone number (rather than my RingCentral account number) to make the call, everything works fine as well. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be great.

Thanks,

Shelby

2 Answers
answered on Dec 29, 2021 at 10:54am  

Account Id: 2943723020

answered on Dec 28, 2021 at 7:14am  

In my case (our RingCentral account) I'm using the "RingCentral Phone app" (softphone). Some of our other clients, that are experiencing this issue, may not be, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Looking at the call logs from a ringOut call that I just tried to make, I'm seeing a "result" of "IP Phone Offline". Looking at our account pages, my device is showing a status of "Offline.

screenshot-2021-12-28-100842.jpg

I am logged in to my RingCentral phone desktop app and can make outbound calls from there. If the problem is that my phone is "offline", what can I do to remedy this?

Thanks,

Shelby

on Dec 28, 2021 at 5:00pm   •  0 likes

Do you see the "Deauthorize this Computer" button? If so, click the button and logout from the soft phone, close it (kill the app) and reopen and login.

Also, you wrote when 1st leg is RingCentral number. Does it work if the RingCentral number is the 2nd leg?

on Dec 29, 2021 at 5:16am   •  0 likes

Phong,

For all of our users, that have "RingCentral Phone app" devices, the "PC Name" is "Unknown", the "Status" is "Offline", and there is no "Deauthorize this Computer" button showing.

If we swap the source/destination numbers, then "yes" it works.

Thanks,

Shelby

on Dec 29, 2021 at 8:20am   •  0 likes

What is your account id or exact company name?

on Dec 29, 2021 at 10:56am   •  0 likes

Account Id: 2943723020

on Dec 29, 2021 at 12:21pm   •  0 likes

This looks weird. Just to double check, you did use the RingCentral soft phone app (not the RC app), right?

screen-shot-2021-12-29-at-121852-pm.png

on Dec 29, 2021 at 12:48pm   •  0 likes

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere! I had originally used the "RingCentral soft phone app" to test and was getting the same "offline" status. I uninstalled that app, but never re-installed and have been testing with the web based version (which hasn't been working).

So... I've now installed a new version of the "RingCentral soft phone app" and when I launched and logged in, my status is now...

screenshot-2021-12-29-154444.jpg

AND, I'm now able to make the RingOut calls as expected.

QUESTION: Do I tell all our RingCentral clients they must install this app in order to make all this work? Will the web based version ever work?

Thanks Phong

answered on Dec 27, 2021 at 7:27pm  

What device are you using for RingCentral number? Do you use soft phone / Webphone or Hardphone ? What does the Ringout status say ?

Can you check the ring-out status using this api and let me know the final response of the call?

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/RingOut/readRingOutCallStatus

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us