question

Jason avatar image
Jason asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Blocked SMS Violation?

@mary-community-moderator HI we just started using RC and over the weekend, I was testing my new Ring Central APP with my significant other and sent a message that was 100% sexual in nature and she answered back...etc. It was not an image nor anything illegal and done in good fun, but i showed up to work and within a few hours my SMS is disabled. I realized that I violated a term of use and notified my employer immediately as I assumed that was the reason it was diabled. My question is, "Will my employer see the message?" This could be embarrassing.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

Hi Jason, SMS is not visible to admins. They can only see it if they login to your extension.

6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

I would follow up and encourage you to delete the message/s.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason avatar image Jason Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

I deleted them a few hours after being sent. My employer is aware in general what it was, but not too specific.

1 Like 1 ·
Jason avatar image Jason commented ·

Thank you. Will my messaging be reactivated? We did create a ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jason commented ·

It will be investigated first, and reactivation will depend upon the reason. What's our case number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason avatar image Jason mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app