question

Edrick Baham avatar image
Edrick Baham asked Alex Taylor commented

Sending Text Messages

For the last few days, any sms message I try to send keeps failing. I can receive them but I am not able to respond to my clients.

sending sms
57 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dana-ali13630 avatar image dana-ali13630 commented ·

Same problem I am having, i also have created a case with high importance hours ago, they still have not responded to this. This is frustrating as this is my business phone,

6 Likes 6 ·
darryl-jackson avatar image darryl-jackson dana-ali13630 commented ·

I'm having the same problem, this is beginning to effect my efficiencies, which will affect my revenues! There is no live support either!

4 Likes 4 ·
Jodi Furraitti avatar image Jodi Furraitti dana-ali13630 commented ·

Same problem here. Reported this problem a few months ago. Seemed like it was fixed until just a couple days ago. This is my business....not good and costing me $$$

3 Likes 3 ·
Deanna Keppel avatar image Deanna Keppel commented ·

I have had the same issue for the last couple of days. I've narrowed it down to only my messages going to numbers with AT&T as their provider. My SMS messages are going through to others with other carriers.

5 Likes 5 ·
d-bour11720 avatar image d-bour11720 Deanna Keppel commented ·

Yes, that's what we've been told too.... it's an AT&T issue. But that doesn't resolve the issue, does it?

1 Like 1 ·
jason-veirs8964 avatar image jason-veirs8964 commented ·

Yes, I'm having the same issue and confirm that it's ONLY AT&T numbers, which is super odd??

I looked into this a few months back and it appears that wireless carriers are now blocking text messages from RingCentral, as they are a CONSUMER platform, and not a business platform...

I was told to look into carries like mGage, OpenMarket, Sinch, Syniverse, Vibes Media, ZipWhip, or imimobile directly, as these adhere to the business level 10 Digit Long Code (10DLC).

I would love for RC to chime in here, as I was under the impression that they are a business platform?

5 Likes 5 ·
Patrick Chandler avatar image Patrick Chandler jason-veirs8964 commented ·

I think we would all like to hear anything from RC!!

4 Likes 4 ·
Amy King avatar image Amy King commented ·

Same. I am unable to send outbound SMS to AT&T customers. RC customer service said "not my problem" and gave me AT&T's number. AT&T said "not my problem" you need to talk to your app.

RC pushed my case to Tier 2 and said they'd get back to me in 24-48 hour. Its been 24 hours and now they will not answer the technical support line. I am very. very. Frusturated.

Three different AT&T reps said my number is not on any "spam list" or "blacklist" and that it is a RC problem.

I need a resolution by start of business Monday Morning, if not sooner.

5 Likes 5 ·
Amy King avatar image Amy King commented ·

Does not sound like my case is an "isolated event" any more. My friend also is experiencing the same thing with his RC account.

3 Likes 3 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered James Anders commented

This is a known issue. We ask that you create a ticket to log your issue with support. They will be in touch when new details or information is available.

If you are not able to submit a ticket, please email the Community team here: community.support@ringcentral.com

6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Edrick Baham avatar image Edrick Baham commented ·

I tried however I wasn't able to create a ticket and ended up here. I will however have to do like others have mentioned and look into other services, if the issue isn't resolved in a timely matter.

2 Likes 2 ·
Patrick Chandler avatar image Patrick Chandler commented ·

We have all created tickets. The lack of concrete response and follow up has been disappointing, unprofessional, and costly. All we want is an UPDATE! Telling us it is a known issue is not enough. We need to be able to communicate to those in our companies that have jurisdiction over our telecom spend, exactly what is being done to correct this issue and an ETA for completion. Anything less is consideration to move to a different vendor.

1 Like 1 ·
EcoCleanology Lesage avatar image EcoCleanology Lesage Patrick Chandler commented ·

I've been with Ring Central for 12 years and I always had good service until recently. The chat is a joke and I tried to get someone on the phone but it wasn't going thru. I've been trying since 6 this morning. I am so done with them.

4 Likes 4 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Patrick Chandler commented ·

I understand your concern and frustration - the team is working to identify a solution.
We ask for your patience. We will update this thread when we have further details or resolution.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bubbly Paws St Louis Park avatar image Bubbly Paws St Louis Park Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

It's also funny that it is not listed on your service status. The status shows everything is working. We use the SMS more than the phone for our 5 stores.. Come on, communication is key!!

3 Likes 3 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app