question

syreeta-spears avatar image
syreeta-spears asked Andy Villagomez commented

Ring Central Video won't minimize to floating window while in a meeting.

Prior Ring Central Video Meeting applications allowed for you to minimize the view of the participants to a floating window of just the current speaker, and does not appear to be available in the newest update, this is difficult for people who need to see the person talking, but also have a different screen open to type into. Is this available?

ringcentral app
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@syreeta-spears we'll check on your concern with the Product Team, and get back to you on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
syreeta-spears avatar image syreeta-spears commented ·

Sorry, for clarification, I have been running the Ring Central App for Windows. Up until today when I updated the program, I have been using the floating window whenever I minimize the video window for the past year at least in this app, but now is not available.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ syreeta-spears commented ·

Are you using the RingCentral Video or RingCentral Meetings?

0 Likes 0 ·

The Ring central Meetings was retired I thought in Aug 2021. I am using the Ring Central App along the top it says Ring Central Video-Meetings

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ syreeta-spears commented ·

Thanks for clarifying. It may be the time when you were still using the RingCentral Meetings.

0 Likes 0 ·

No, this is the same app I was running before, this is my screen. I have been using this app for over a year with the floating window. Up until today it was working.

1643673936517.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1643673936517.png (399.8 KiB)

That's weird since RCV never had the floating window before. The Product Team says that this is under their bucket, but they are working with those features that are in high priority first.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy Villagomez avatar image Andy Villagomez mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I found this thread because I too would like to get this feature back. What syreeta is referring to can be found here: https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/4634.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingCentral_Meetings&language=en_US

When we were in a RC meeting, we could hit the minimize button and the meeting would go into "Mini" mode which made a floating video widow that we could move around on our screen. The new RC Video app does not go into mini mode like the old app. Can we get this back please?

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

@syreeta-spears According to Product Team, this option has never been available in RingCentral Video. You may be referring to RingCentral Meetings. For feature requests, you can add them in our Ideas Portal at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app