question

Andrew Prokop avatar image
Andrew Prokop asked Andrew Prokop answered

Glip notification not invoking webhook for Teams files

I wrote an application that subscribes to /restapi/v1.0/glip/posts. My webhook is invoked when new chat messages, tasks, and events are posted to a Team, but not when a file is added. Is there something else I should subscribe to for files?

Update: If I attach a file to an Event, I am not notified of the new Event. Remove the file from the Event and I receive the notification.

ringcentral appwebhooksnotifications
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Sorry for the delayed response Andrew. I guess that you are testing this in the sandbox environment. Currently, there is problem with posting attachments to a sandbox team messaging. That is why you won't receive a notification event. This should work on production and here is an example of the event payload.

{"id":"3564165923xxxx","groupId":"8544346xxxx","type":"TextMessage","text":"","creatorId":"62288329016","addedPersonIds":null,"creationTime":"2022-02-09T16:07:30.886Z","lastModifiedTime":"2022-02-09T16:07:30.886Z","attachments":[{"id":"1594796859402","name":"hubspot-sproket.png","contentUri":"https://dl.mvp.ringcentral.com/file/159479685xxxx","type":"File"}],"activity":null,"title":null,"iconUri":null,"iconEmoji":null,"mentions":null,"eventType":"PostAdded"}
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andrew Prokop avatar image
Andrew Prokop answered

Thank you, Phong. I seem to be running into all sorts of Sandbox deficiencies. I will see what it takes to move to our production instance, but I had really hoped to wait until I knew my code was completely tested.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys