question

kakar avatar image
kakar asked Yatin Gera Deactivated commented

Get recording from telephonySessionId

How to get recording from telephonySessionId as while ring out only telephonySessionId and status received

screenshot-1.png

call recording
screenshot-1.png (94.7 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered kakar commented
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kakar avatar image kakar commented ·

i know recording not available on the same time but latter on how to get call recoring for specific call as during call we have on session id , and i don't want to get all the call logs and loop through the record to match session id and then save recording uri in db. I just want recoring uri only for specific call

0 Likes 0 ·
kakar avatar image
kakar answered

i know recording not available on the same time but latter on how to get call recoring for specific call as during call we have on session id , and i don't want to get all the call logs and loop through the record to match session id and then save recording uri in db. I just want recoring uri only for specific call

1 |3000

Yatin Gera avatar image
Yatin Gera Deactivated answered

What RingOut API returns you is the telephonySessionId
The call Logs API does take in query filters but telephonySessionId is not an available filter right now and is in product backlog
What that means is that you are left with 2 options right now
1. Use the get call logs API mentioned here https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Log/readUserCallLog and pass the query filters like dateTo and dateFrom and do a manual match
2. Subscribe to telephony session using https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Account-Telephony-Sessions-Event. This will notify you when the session status changes and will also give you sessionId which can be used in get call logs API to only get logs for that session

1 |3000

kakar avatar image
kakar answered Yatin Gera Deactivated commented

can you please send and example as i am not able to get what i wanted

1 comment
1 |3000

Yatin Gera avatar image Yatin Gera ♦♦ commented ·

Sharing a link to another post that has a blog that talks on how to use subscriptions to get notified when recording is ready.
This is a workaround
Please note that is a reference blog
https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/96811/get-notified-of-recording-being-available-via-webh.html

0 Likes 0 ·
kakar avatar image
kakar answered

atleast you can send session id ringout api

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys