question

Karen Van Horn avatar image
Karen Van Horn asked Karen Van Horn commented

Why are faxes I'm sending now in TIFF format?

I just sent a fax and was going to print the cover page. However, when I attempted to do so, RingCentral is downloading it as a TIFF instead of a PDF. It has ALWAYS downloaded as a PDF since 2016 when we started using RingCentral!! I tried to access faxes I sent last week and they are all trying to open in TIFF format. WHAT HAPPENED?!?

fax
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Karen, please coordinate the issue with the Tech Support Team to check the issue. Create a case here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joshua Collins avatar image Joshua Collins commented ·

Same issue here. The TIFF format is such that it cannot be read/viewed by the built-in Preview app in Mac OS 12.2.1. We'll open a case as well. Thanks for reporting this, Karen!

*edit* BTW, you can use the RingCentral App to view your sent faxes. It has a built-in TIFF viewer. There is also an option within that viewer to print the TIFF. Try printing the TIFF to a PDF within the RingCentral viewer. It's annoying that we have to jump through these hoops, but hopefully this helps!

0 Likes 0 ·
Erin Lally avatar image Erin Lally commented ·

Any resolution to this? I can't view faxes on my mac or iphone w/ tiff format.

0 Likes 0 ·
Karen Van Horn avatar image Karen Van Horn Erin Lally commented ·

Hi .. I had to access the faxes through the RingCentral App as Joshua suggested (thanks!) and have been using that ever since. I just checked my desktop RingCentral thru Windows and it appears to be back to normal.

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app