question

mohamed-tawfiq9994 avatar image
mohamed-tawfiq9994 asked Tyler Liu answered

How can a client give me access to their developer account?

I am developing a private app for FileMaker->RingCentral integration.

We tried the Organization -> Invite New Developer but i did not receive an invitation.

Should he just share his RingCentral login details?

app administration
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Can you explain more exactly what you want to do? Why you need access to your client developer account? Or do you mean a sandbox account?

I don't think it is practical for a client to provide you his/her own company's account login credentials. It is a private account and should be accessed by eligible personnel of that company.

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered

There are two approaches:

• They can create a user for you in their account so you can log into their account to create the app
  • They can create/configure the app and give you the credentials, e.g. clientId and clientSecret, etc.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys