question

Melanie Kovacs avatar image
Melanie Kovacs asked Suyash Joshi commented

I cannot see the User Templates in my Dev Sandbox

I cannot see User Templates in my developer sandbox, is there something that I am missing or do I need to get a case created to request it?

I don't have any options to create User Templates. I see that in my production environment that I can create and apply User Templates under the 'Users' menu. I am not following any tutorial or guide, I am going by what I see in my production environment and comparing it with my developer sandbox which does not appear to have that feature.

extension
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·

Not clear on what you mean by 'user templates', where did you read that, are you following any tutorial / guide? Please provide bit more information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Melanie Kovacs avatar image Melanie Kovacs Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·

Hi Suyash, I have updated my description for the post, hope that helps.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Suyash Joshi avatar image
Suyash Joshi answered Suyash Joshi commented

Hi, @Melanie Kovacs try to follow this tutorial to create a 'user template' after you log in to the sandbox service web portal. The steps are:

Hope that helps.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Melanie Kovacs avatar image Melanie Kovacs commented ·

Hi Suyash,

I am logged in as a Super Admin to my admin portal and I don't have the 'Templates' listed under the 'Users' menu.

0 Likes 0 ·
Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ Melanie Kovacs commented ·

that is indeed strange, can you please open a service ticket so our team can look into your account : https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·

I was able to confirm that such a feature is currently not available for 'sandbox' accounts but it will hopefully be in near future.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys