Question

How to stop/pause and release the recording in embedded app, once the automatic call recording is enabled in the ring central admin portal

• 12 June 2020
  • 2 replies

How to stop/pause and release the recording in embedded app, once the automatic call recording is enabled in the ring central admin portal

2 replies

Userlevel 1

I believe that once the call is connect, the user will see the Recording toggle button Stop/Start or something like that on the widget UI.

If you meant to toggle programmatically, I don't think that it is possible because you will need to have a telephonySessionId and the partyId of the call to call the API.

Hi, we are encountering a similar issue when we are developing our own system to stop/restart call recording recording when using embedded apps (e.g. Chrome Extension and Outlook).

The functionality is working with no problems when using the native softphone app, the call recording is stopping and starting as expected.

However, when using the Chrome Extension the API responds with the following error:

The problem seem to be only occurring when using Chrome extension and Outlook. I've not tried any other embedded apps.

Is there a solution for stopping/restarting call recording on embedded apps?