question

Smit Shah avatar image
Smit Shah asked Phong Vu commented

Getting "Internal Server Error" when calling A2P SMS APIs in sandbox

I keep getting this error for the past 12 hours.

Initially, I figured it was transient, but it has persisted for a while now.

Is there anything I need to do to get this resolved?

StatusCode: 503, ReasonPhrase: 'Service Unavailable', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
 {
   Connection: keep-alive
   Retry-After: 40
   X-Rate-Limit-Group: light
   X-Rate-Limit-Limit: 50
   X-Rate-Limit-Remaining: 49
   X-Rate-Limit-Window: 60
   RoutingKey: SJC12P01
   RCRequestId: 16ca2286-be15-11ec-bf06-005056bb9532
   Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 06:10:32 GMT
   Server: nginx
   Content-Length: 107
   Content-Type: application/json
 }
 Content: {
   "errorCode" : "AGW-110",
   "message" : "Internal Server Error. Consult RC Support.",
   "errors" : [ ]
 }

Request:
 Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/a2p-sms/messages', Version: 1.1, Content: <null>, Headers:
 {
   X-User-Agent: Unknown/0.0.1 RingCentral.Net/5.0.0
   Authorization: Bearer <removed>
 }
sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Velmurugan B avatar image
Velmurugan B Deactivated answered Phong Vu commented

Hey @Smit Shah,

I believe A2P SMS permission needs to be enabled for both the number and the app, also the A2P SMS may not be available for sandbox accounts(although this has to be verified)

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Byrne Reese avatar image Byrne Reese ♦♦ commented ·

@Velmurugan B is correct about A2P SMS not being available in sandbox. To call these endpoints, you will need to work with the support team to manually graduate your app to production. Vel is also right in asserting that in order for A2P SMS to work:

• The app needs the A2P SMS scope or permission.

• The phone number needs to be enabled for A2P SMS, which can be requested via a form. Please note, that only account admins can request numbers to be provisioned for SMS.

0 Likes 0 ·
Smit Shah avatar image Smit Shah commented ·

That does not make sense.

Its a requirement for graduation.

How do I pass that requirement?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Smit Shah commented ·

Unfortunately, that is the current limitation on high volume SMS (see the Limitation of High Volume SMS section). In the past, while sending a request for provisioning a high volume SMS number, there was a question asking for app client id so our support engineer will graduate the app to production for you. Since the new form does not ask for customer app client id, you can open a dev support ticket and request for manual graduation for your app. Don't forget to provide us with the app client id and the high volume SMS number in the request.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys