question

Jon Betow avatar image
Jon Betow asked Welcome commented

All Call Queue members available but they are not receiving calls -RC Phone App

We have a small work from home call queue group (4 members). All members are using the RC phone app on their PC. All members logged in and show available in service web and in Live Reports. Inbound delivery is set to Rotating. Calls are sitting in queue but members phones are not ringing. Call shows as a missed call in members call log even though it was never delivered to their softphone.

Anyone have thoughts :)

call queuessoftphone
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Jon, have you checked individual's call forwarding settings? Are they able to receive calls directly?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jon Betow avatar image Jon Betow mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Mary - Yes, thanks - no forwarding. Call just rings to desktop & mobile (members only use desktop). Emergency location is all filled out under the user settings and device settings. The strange thing is, is that it is just affecting the 4 members of this team. None of our other remote users are having issues and we have found no issues on the network. These members are a newly created ring group and our first ones using soft phone (we have20+ call queues set up for hard phone users) and the problem is intermittently affecting each user of the group differently/ more frequently. Extension to extension dialing works intermittingly as well. I am fairly certain I have over looked something in the set up but I just can't seem to find what it is.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Jon Betow commented ·

Hi Jon, please submit a ticket with Technical Support at https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jon Betow avatar image Jon Betow commented ·

Thanks - I did yesterday and they are still looking at it

0 Likes 0 ·
Timothy Jablonski avatar image Timothy Jablonski Jon Betow commented ·

Did Ring Central ever resolve this issue for you and if so what steps did they suggest to you to give you a permanent resolution?

1 Like 1 ·
Welcome avatar image Welcome Timothy Jablonski commented ·

Hi Timothy,

I'll recommend a few troubleshooting steps for you.
- dial the direct number of the ext. that is not ringing on the call queue. Is the call offered to the ext.?

- go to Phone System > Groups > Call queues > call HAndling & members > Wait Settings. MAXIMUM WAITING TIME IN QUEUE should NOT be "Don't wait". You have to select something like 30 seconds - 60 seconds up to 15 minutes.

- go to Phone System > Groups > Call queues. Here you see a list of all your call queues. Underneath actions you have an arrow pointing downwards for each call queue. Click it to check the status of queue members.
Busy - means the user is on a call and will not ring
Unavailable - could be due to out of hours, do not disturb or call forwarding configured on the user.
Available - 1 of the main requirements (not the only one) for a call queue call to get offered

- log in the app as one of the users that are not ringing. Click on the profile picture and confirm the toggle "accept queue calls" is ON.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app