question

Michael Thompson avatar image
Michael Thompson asked Phong Vu answered

Make Call Out API Global Oauth token / user impersonation

I am working to integrate the RC Office Make Call Out API with a web application for click to dial functionality. Currently, I am able to get this to work for all users within my account if I retrieve a user based Oauth token. I'm wondering if it is at all possible to use a Global account token or somehow impersonate a user, so that I only need to maintain one token and not request Oauth tokens for all users.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

If I remember correctly, you cannot make a call out on behalf of other users (similar to sending SMS). You can use the Ring-out instead. Because ring-out requires the caller also to answer the call so it is safe to place a call on behalf of other users.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys