question

David avatar image
David asked Charles Yuen commented

RingCentral browser login malfuntioning all morning

It has been impossible to sign on to RingCentral from a web browser all day today. The message is "The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact RingCentral support." RingCentral support requests work only if you're signed in.

9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi David, there is no reported issue with the web portal today. Can you please try to clear cache and cookies?

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image David commented ·

I've done that, and I've tried with Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Always the same issue. oauth via Google worked, but it's not my preferred way of signing on.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ David commented ·

May I have the link that you're using?

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image David mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

login.ringcentral.com.

I get there by going to the ringcentral.com site and clicking "login." Selecting either the Admin Portal or the RingCentral App options gives the same intercept.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David avatar image David commented ·

![3317-rc-signon-failure.png][1] [1]: /storage/attachments/3317-rc-signon-failure.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Valerie Jephson avatar image Valerie Jephson commented ·

Same here. Was there an OS update that might have affected the interface? I tried using the Chrome and Outlook365 extensions too.

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image David Valerie Jephson commented ·

I updated MacOS to a new beta version two days ago. The problem predated the update, however. If I use one of my end users’ laptops, which is not running a beta of any kind, the same error occurs.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

collin-anderson avatar image
collin-anderson answered Charles Yuen commented

Hi All, try turning off your ad blocker. I've had the same issue with "uBlock Origin" but if I turn it off for that page (login.ringcentral.com) then it works fine. (It does appear that this has slightly changed over the last few days though. It used to only be an issue with the two-factor security code.)

Related: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/23693/error-message-service-is-temporarily-unavailable.html

I realize that RingCentral doesn't want to support every possible browser extension out there, but ideally at minimum the error message should include something like "try turning off any ad-blocking browser extensions."

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Charles Yuen avatar image Charles Yuen commented ·

Having this issue 6/14/2022 and 6/15/2022 using Chrome. I tried this answer but I'm not running any Ad Blocker on Chrome. I disabled website advice extensions on Chrome. Nothing was able to get past this error message on Chrome. However, using Opera I was able to get past the message (without it showing) and reach the two-factor authentication screen (asks for code sent to phone). Hence I think the error message "service unavailable" may relate to the authentication service being unavailable. Still wondering why I can't get it done in Chrome.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app