question

Blake Rust avatar image
Blake Rust asked mary-community-moderator commented

Inbound call message help

All inbound calls are greeted with "thank you for calling (business name), one of our agents will be with you momentarily". How do I change it so that inbound callers only hear a conventional ring tone? We are a 3-person family business rather than some mega corp.

transferring calls
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Shelly Rozek avatar image Shelly Rozek commented ·

Wanting to "bump" this up. I have followed the article that was posted by Becky and this does not solve my issue. I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I am a small company. I do not have auto attendant set up.. the main line rings and whoever is available answers it. Currently, the callers hear silence and think that the call is not connecting. I just want it to ring. Help??

0 Likes 0 ·
josiem avatar image josiem commented ·

We are also in the same situation. We have one main company number that rings and only 1 person answering it.

When the caller hears the start of the custom greeting, half of them think it's an answerphone and hang up.

I would like it just to ring and the office person answers the call.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ josiem commented ·

Hello @josiem have you considered updating your Company Call Handling settings to forward calls to a specific user instead of routing them to the Call Queue? This will allow you to get rid of the unnecessary greeting and streamline the process by assigning only one member. I recommend checking out the article I just posted on how to route your company calls to a specific user for detailed instructions.

https://community.ringcentral.com/articles/117539/routing-company-calls-to-a-specific-user-extension.html

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered

Hey, @Blake Rust This Knowledge Base article might be helpful!
https://support.ringcentral.com/article/10593-user-templates-modify-screening-greeting-hold-music-settings.html
Try this first and if it doesn't help, please reach out and we'll assist further.
Also, you can always reach out to support and they can assist with these settings.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app