question

Alan Christensen avatar image
Alan Christensen asked Phong Vu commented

Missing disconnect events?

App ID: Sf_MHvJ_RSCNbASqY4hw-g~yH9spVm3RZSAmcwoDLI7hg
App Name: Xima CCaaS
App Link: https://ai-developer.ringcentral.com/administration.html#/application/Sf_MHvJ_RSCNbASqY4hw-g~yH9spVm3RZSAmcwoDLI7hg
Env: Production

I have also created a support ticket. case number 15233463

We have a call that comes into our SIP handset. TelephonySessionId=s-a0dd87208502fz180a94f0c42z16963390000

Then with our sip handset we make the call to an agent. TelephonySessionId=s-a0dd8651384ccz180a94f70a2z8549130000

Once that agent is talking we finish the Attended Tranfser.

According to the SIP messages that we see on our end the AttendedTransfer completed. So our system thinks the agent (Crystal Geiger extension 686) has answered the call and the REFER message got an OK response.

The API says that the transfer went through but then never sends the DISCONNECT event on the s-a0dd8651384ccz180a94f70a2z8549130000 call id. We do see a single DISCONNECT on the second call Id s-a0dd87208502fz180a94f0c42z16963390000.

The Call Logs in the RingCentral system say that the agent missed the call but it lasted 10 minutes. Is that expected? Is there a bug on your end?

We did end up hitting the call log API and it shows the call was there for the 10 minutes as we see afterwards with the 10 minute missed call. Our customer is complaining that the agent was stuck tied to this call for 10 minutes when from their end it seemed the call was over and they should be available.

rest apiwebhooks
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Was the call answered by the SIP handset before it was transferred to the agent? In other words, was it a blind transfer or warm transfer?

Can you subscribe for the telephony session event notifications to capture and print out all the events of that call, remove sensitive info such as name and phone number and post it here so I can have a look at it. Since you already created a support ticket, it's better to update the support case with such detailed event logs so they can check.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alan Christensen avatar image Alan Christensen Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

It was an Attended Transfer (Warm Transfer) where things went wrong

webhook message.txt

0 Likes 0 ·
webhook-message.txt (14.5 KiB)

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Sorry for the delayed response. I have tested many times on my end and I do get the Disconnected event for both call sessions. It's so hard to follow your log as the incoming call first went to a call then forwarded to a call queue member, then the member who answered the call made a warm transfer to another agent.

To simplify the log for investigation, can you make a simple direct call to the agent "Xima CCaaS 1", and make a warm transfer to the agent "MB".

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alan Christensen avatar image Alan Christensen commented ·

I have tried making simpler example calls to find the issue. I am also not able to reproduce. It only happens when in the more complex scenario. It also doesn't happen every time in this same situation. We only get a few of these missing events scenarios. So to me it seems like a race condition or something harder to find. I wish I could give you a specific reproducible scenario but I am having the same problem as you with not being able to reproduce it.

But we have multiple instances and we keep seeing instances of this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Alan Christensen commented ·

I try again with a call via a call queue and still cannot reproduce the issue. However, now I notice that in your call queue event (sequence 11), the call was disconnected with the BlindTransfer reason. I don't know how the call queue was setup and why it ended up in a blind transfer. I don't see either the call between the caller and first agent got on "Hold" status before the first agent made a call to the second agent to perform the warm transfer.

Can you capture call events of both situations when it works (receive both disconnected events) and when it missed one of the disconnected event. Keep them in separate files for clarity.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys