News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How to Stop RC Notifications when Windows Focus Assist is turned on, MacOS alerts turned off
Tags: notifications, ringcentral app
May 10, 2022 at 4:06pm   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
mitch-turner

Windows Focus Assist is supposed to be a system-wide control over notifications. MacOS also allows for notifications to be turned off. I have Win10 Focus Assist set to Priority Only, which only is supposed to allow the apps in the priority list to give notifications (I've removed all).

Why does RC ignore these settings? Is there a way to mute RC so incoming calls are not ringing during online meetings and popping up on my screen when I'm sharing it? RC should be following the rules for all apps, not ignoring them. I should not have to quit or silence each individual app--most play nice, but it seems RC does not.

on May 11, 2022 at 10:49am   •  1 likes

Hi Mitch, I'm asking our Product Team regarding this. I'll get back to you once I have an answer.

2 Answers
answered on Oct 11, 2023 at 2:20pm  

I have the same problem on the Mac, I haven't found a way to have RingCentral pay attention to the Mac's DND setting. So I have to set DND twice. And it's not all VOIP apps - Mac's FaceTime pays attention to Mac's DND.

answered on May 12, 2022 at 10:32am  

Hi @mitch-turner Windows Focus Assist should not exempt the RC App. Can you please check the specific settings since there are exceptions in place for VoIP applications? If you are using the Priority Only mode, the notifications may still come through if you have that option checked even though the RC App is not on the list. See the screenshots below.

image-2.png

image-3.png

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us