question

Adam D. Ramczyk avatar image
Adam D. Ramczyk asked tak-it1 commented

Auto-Receptionist Loop

I have set up an AA to have the company after hour message and key features. I set up 2 as "Transfer to the voicemail of" which is the receptionist voicemail. That phone is set to business hours for the AA.. so you go to the AA for calling after 5pm and press 2 to leave a VM but loop through the AA again because of business hour rules.

Is it even possible to do the AA with business hour rules applied to a receptionist's phone? Note: this is not the main company line. It's a secondary office so that phone IS the office main line.

auto attendant
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

tak-it1 avatar image
tak-it1 answered tak-it1 commented

Can you attach snips of what you've done? Don't embed them in chat, they don't show up very clear. Just make sure to attach them. I think I follow what you've done and I'd have a solution but I don't want to waste your time and make you change something if I've misread.

8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Adam D. Ramczyk avatar image Adam D. Ramczyk commented ·

So I setup a phone as PW Receptionist for the secondary office. This is the main line for that office and is setup with business hours from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Outside those hours the phone is set to automatically forward to the AA.

Now see attached image. Capture.PNG

In the AA settings I set Key Presses to have key 2, action transfer to voicemail of, ext/number PW Receptionist. Now when you press 2 it loops right back to the AA instead of being forward direct to the voicemail.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (22.4 KiB)
tak-it1 avatar image tak-it1 Adam D. Ramczyk commented ·

Ah gotcha. So basically you disabled the VM of 4601 after hours so that it forwards to your IVR, correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
Adam D. Ramczyk avatar image Adam D. Ramczyk tak-it1 commented ·

I simply set the afterhours to forward to the AA extension. See images.

Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

0 Likes 0 ·
capture2.png (8.7 KiB)
capture3.png (15.6 KiB)
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app