News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How do I associate an App/Webhook to a specific fax number?
Tags: ringcentral app, fax, app administration
May 20, 2022 at 3:36pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
evandillon

When I create an app, then graduate it to production, it is associated with our primary phone. I want the app to be associated with a specific fax line, not the main phone number. How so I go about doing this?

It's a simple app: when we receive a fax it hits a webhook and we then execute some logic. We want the webhook to be hit only when we receive a fax on a specific phone line

2 Answers
answered on Jun 6, 2022 at 8:44am  

I guessed that you have a dedicated company fax number and you want to receive inbound fax notification to that particular fax number. In that case, login to your account service web, select the "Phone System" tab and under the Phone Numbers menu, select All Numbers then click on the fax number to open the details. Check how your fax number is set.

If it is set deliver to an operator, check your auto-receptionist to see which extension is set to handle faxes, authenticate your app with that user login credentials to receive notifications.

If it is set to an extension, authenticate your app with that user login credentials to receive notifications.

screen-shot-2022-06-06-at-83734-am.png

answered on May 23, 2022 at 9:17am  

Unfortunately, the /fax event notification does not support phone number filter parameter. You would need to parse the to phone number (the subject) when you receive a notification in your app.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us