question

Phyllis Smith avatar image
Phyllis Smith asked mary-community-moderator answered

Help with setting up new IVR with option to leave message if unavailable

Hey guys,

I'm trying to set up my new RingCentral phone system that will be receiving calls on the IP phone.

I had a company greeting made, which is your standard "thanks for calling. For retail sales/nutrition questions, press 1. For wholesale accounts, press 2." I also had a greeting made for customers to hear if there's no answer after pressing 1 and another for pressing 2.

I have the IVR menu set up where it directs callers to the correct extension, but if nobody answers, it keeps repeating and does not leave an option to leave a voicemail. How do I add the option for customers to leave a message if their call is not picked up?

P.S. both extensions will lead to the same receptionist, but we wanted to have two distinct options as our business is somewhat multifaceted.

What I want:

Customer Calls > Company Greeting (press 1 or 2)

1 > Receptionist answers; or if not, play my prompt then beep to leave a message

2 > Receptionist answers; or if not, play other prompt then beep to leave a message

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to make it do this, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

phonevoicemailivrextensionvoicemails
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phyllis Smith avatar image Phyllis Smith commented ·

Anyone?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Phyllis Smith commented ·

Hi @Phyllis Smith , I’m asking suggestions from Technical Support regarding your setup. I’ll get back to you once I have an information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phyllis Smith avatar image Phyllis Smith commented ·

Thank you SO much! I really appreciate it!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Phyllis Smith commented ·

You're welcome!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hello Phyllis, The setup that you want is possible; however, there are a lot of settings that need to be modified. Our Tech Support can help walk you through the step-by-step process and even access your Admin Portal and do it for you. Get your initial and voicemail greetings ready so the Support rep can upload them in the correct settings. Click the link below to submit a case.

https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app