question

Admin Access avatar image
Admin Access asked michael-yoder8521 answered

System won't acknowledge number press

I'm trying to figure out what is causing this problem. When various of the phone team are taking calls from the callers through the call queue and have the calls forwarded to their cell phone, a call comes in and they are prompted to "press 1" to accept. This all worked great until about 2 weeks ago and now maybe about 1 out of 4 calls the system won't acknowledge that they pressed a number. Some are iPhone's and some are Androids. Thought maybe changing the DTMF tones to long instead of short might help but can't find that setting on my Galaxy S8....

porting and number transfer
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi! Try toggling the Press 1 to accept call queue settings in the web portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Admin Access avatar image Admin Access commented ·

Thanks for that but these calls are coming through the call queue and it's not possible to toggle that one off. Not just that we still need those prompts... that's how we know if it's a personal call or a call coming from the queue. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Admin Access commented ·

You can try the other option, adding a special number at the end or at the beginning of the calling number to help you identify the call. Check the KB article below for the instructions on setting it up.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4618.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Admin Access avatar image Admin Access commented ·

Thanks for that information. That sounds like a good idea, but I can't remove the announcement for calls from the Call Queue thus we still need to press a number to receive the call. Could you make that setting available for us? For some reason RingCentral's system isn't recognizing the DTMF tones.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Admin Access commented ·

Oh sorry! I forgot that it is the standard behavior with incoming calls from the queue. Please raise a ticket with Tech Support so they can investigate why it is not functioning. They may need to replicate the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

michael-yoder8521 avatar image
michael-yoder8521 answered

I've encountered this fairly frequently, on and off, for a while now. It's very frustrating.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app