question

Rebekah Baker avatar image
Rebekah Baker asked Phong Vu commented

DND TRacking

Is there a way to track how long someone has their phone set to DND?

notifications
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Yes, you can implement a simple app to subscribe for user presence notifications. Every time you get a presence event notification, parse the payload and detect if a user DnD presence is "DoNotAcceptAnyCalls" , mark the time and wait until you get an event when the user presence changed to "TakeAllCalls", then calculate the time difference.

Let me know what programming language you are using so I can give you better guidance.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mukul Nsit avatar image Mukul Nsit commented ·

But user's DND presence is "DoNotAcceptAnyCalls"
Even when the user gets on call. How would i know it's user set or it's set by ring central

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Mukul Nsit commented ·

When a user is on a call, his DnD status does not get changed (unless you implement an app to set his DnD status while he is on a call). Only his telephony status and user status is set to "Busy"

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys