question

Sy Hasan avatar image
Sy Hasan asked Sy Hasan commented

Changing User Licenses From API?

Hi all,

I am trying to change user licenses from MVP to Mobile for some accounts. I was curious if this is possible by leveraging the API? If so, any documentation or assistance would be great.

Thanks

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Suyash Joshi avatar image
Suyash Joshi answered

I'm not sure what you mean by 'License' as we do not use that term in our API. If you mean to find features that are available for a user, you can get those programmatically by calling 'Get User Features API' : https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Features/readUserFeatures . Not that this is READONLY meaning you can't alter the features programmatically but only read them. Hope this answers your question.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Sy Hasan commented

There is no API to change user licenses. You must delete the old user and create a new user accordingly.

1 comment
1 |3000

Sy Hasan avatar image Sy Hasan commented ·

If I wanted to provision a user with Mobile license only, what's the best way to do that?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys