question

Randy Calhoun avatar image
Randy Calhoun asked ryan-gosling answered

I want to change task/event color tag without providing an end date

It is as my title says.

My company likes to change color tags on events but do not want the events to be changed in any other way. We do this to denote changes in the event wither changing the type of work needed or marking it as urgent.

Recently we have not been able to change the color without providing an end date that is forced to be present day or a future date. This is annoying as it makes for a cluttered calendar of events when we prefer just having it stay on the assigned day.

ringcentral app
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Randy, for App feedback and ideas, please post them at https://ringcentral-app.ideas.aha.io/

0 Likes 0 ·
Randy Calhoun avatar image Randy Calhoun mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

This is not a suggestion it is something that up until recently we were able to do easily and now when we go to edit a past task it forces an update to the end date which it use to not do.

I am wondering if there is some setting that could effect this and how to change it back to how it use to work.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Randy Calhoun commented ·

Sorry, but there's no option to change the behavior. Please submit a feedback regarding the changes to that feature, and the Product Team will check it.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

ryan-gosling avatar image
ryan-gosling answered

@Randy Calhoun
it should be possible... just click on the calendar icon in the End date/ End time field to delete the contents of said fields. Of course both end date and end time fields must be empty. It works on my end if we are talking about the same thing?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app