question

Andrew Upman avatar image
Andrew Upman asked mary-community-moderator commented

Ring desktop & App to multiple extensions

I'm set up so that when someone calls our extension 6000 is goes to multiple people that are a mix of physical phones and app users that each have their own extensions. I can't figure out how to make it so the app users are able to receive calls when the ex 6000 is set to ring desktop & app. The only way around this is to have the apps users cell phone number entered in the call forwarding but then it won't use the app and therefore those users can't transfer calls.

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

I'm assuming that your extension 6000 is a User extension, which is why it doesn't work for other users' apps. However, it is possible if you create it as a call queue extension instead.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andrew Upman avatar image Andrew Upman commented ·

It is a user extension so that would probably explain it, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Andrew Upman commented ·

You're welcome! You may vote for this feature request at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-4486.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app