question

Chishun Kwong avatar image
Chishun Kwong asked Chishun Kwong commented

Exercise all requested permissions not met even though I think I did

Hi,

I have an application that uses "Webhook Subscriptions" as the only permission. I've been able to create a webhook that subscribes to telephony events. I also confirmed that I am getting those events by placing calls. However, in the graduation requirements I am still getting a red cross icon on "Webhook Subscriptions", everything else is green.

Thanksscreen-shot-2022-07-29-at-40606-pm.png

graduation
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Chishun Kwong commented

You should exercise the Webhook Subscriptions permission by delete/create or renew the subscriptions several times. If you have done that and still see it in red, let me know the app client id.

11 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chishun Kwong avatar image Chishun Kwong commented ·

I have done create, delete and list. I will add get and renew and see if that works better. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Chishun Kwong commented ·

I see that you are not able to graduate your app yet. However, your app has only 1 app permission "Webhook Subscriptions". What is/are the event filter(s) did you subscribe for? You may need to add those permissions required by those filters and call API to read the data. This is an awkward requirement for app that needs only getting the notifications. But it is the current situation. I can also help to graduate your app manually. Let me know the event filters and let me know if I should graduate it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chishun Kwong avatar image Chishun Kwong Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, thanks for looking into this for me. My subscription filters are

"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?statusCode=Setup",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?statusCode=Proceeding",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?statusCode=Answered",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?statusCode=Disconnected"

My needs are basically knowing a client's voice calls' start and stop. I have tested that I am getting those. I was actually under the impression that I need the Call Control permission as well but that seems a lot to ask of our clients and on further testing I see that Call Control is not needed, please correct me if I am wrong but that's what I observed.

My Client ID is YEXCDYtKStidNjJfbL6AZg, I have not been able to test since yesterday as there seems to be an issue with https://app.devtest.ringcentral.com/login and I am not able to login.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys