question

Unify Healthcare Services avatar image
Unify Healthcare Services asked Phong Vu commented

User meeting permission

Hi Everyone,

I am implementing Meeting api in PHP to create meeting link from our software but I am not able to create and facing below issue -

"message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission (truncated...)

So according to developer's guide there's nothing to do with the user

Also user is also not showing in users list which I created the app

I have followed this developer guide, generate credentials and used in the code - https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/meetings/quick-start#php

I used below code and entered the values which are mentioned in the json file -

<?php 
require('vendor/autoload.php');
$dotenv = Dotenv\Dotenv::createImmutable(__DIR__ . '/../');
$dotenv->load();

$rcsdk = new RingCentral\SDK\SDK( $_ENV['RC_CLIENT_ID'],
 $_ENV['RC_CLIENT_SECRET'],
 $_ENV['RC_SERVER_URL'] );
$platform = $rcsdk->platform();
$platform->login( $_ENV['RC_USERNAME'],
 $_ENV['RC_EXTENSION'],
 $_ENV['RC_PASSWORD'] );

$params = array(
 'topic' => 'Test Meeting',
 'meetingType' => 'Instant',
 'allowJoinBeforeHost' => true,
 'startHostVideo' => true,
 'startParticipantsVideo' => false
 );
try {

$resp = $platform->post('/account/~/extension/~/meeting', $params);
 print_r ('Start Your Meeting: ' . $resp->json()->links->startUri . "\n");
 print_r ('Join the Meeting: ' . $resp->json()->links->joinUri . "\n");
} catch (Exception $e) {

print_r ("An error occurred: " . $e->getMessage() . "\n");
}

Also I gave all required permission to App but it says user need permission and response going to catch block

Please assist

Thank you

meetings
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Why everything is underlined? That it makes it so difficult to read. And please post code snippet in code block to make it much easier to read.

0 Likes 0 ·
Unify Healthcare Services avatar image Unify Healthcare Services Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Please check now, I have modified the question

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Can you double check the user who logs in your app, is assigned with a role with these "Meeting" user permission.

screen-shot-2022-08-01-at-21031-pm.png

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Unify Healthcare Services avatar image Unify Healthcare Services commented ·

That's a problem @Phong Vu I have created new app and they provided Sandbox number and when I logged in with that number into this -

https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com/application/

The number is not showing in User rolesscreen-shot-2022-08-02-at-44941-pm.pngscreen-shot-2022-08-02-at-45010-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Unify Healthcare Services commented ·

What is the issue now? The phones, the numbers or the user with the Meetings permissions?

For phones, it is not added out of the box. You can click on the "Add Phone" button to add a phone for a user. Ignore the cost shown on those steps. They are free on sandbox.

For number, did you select the "Numbers" tab to see if there is a number assigned to that user? If not, you can also click the "Add Number" button to add one for the user. Same thing to ignore the cost. They are also free on sandbox.

Or let me know the sandbox account's main company number so I can check for you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys