question

Joseph Cirigliano avatar image
Joseph Cirigliano asked Welcome commented

Call Queue forwarding to external number

Hello,

I set up a new call queue for our sales team and they would like to answer calls from that queue on their personal (external) number. I told them to use the forward all calls option but that seems to only work when their extension is dialed directly rather than from the call queue. I've been messing with this for a bit and can't seem to figure it out, are calls received from a queue able forwarded from the client side? If so, how can that be done?

Thank you!

call forwarding
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Joseph, I'm currently checking if there's a workaround for this.

1 Like 1 ·
Joseph Cirigliano avatar image Joseph Cirigliano mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Mary!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Anthony Slinn avatar image
Anthony Slinn answered Welcome commented

Was a solution found for this? I'm having the exact same issue

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

The call queues check the status of the call queue members before offering a call. A call is offered only to Available agents.
If you set a call forwarding, the agent will appear Unavailable to the call queue. Instead of setting call forwarding, you have 2 options:

1. Have your users download the RingCentral mobile app.

2. If for some reason you don't want to use the mobile app, you need to add the external mobile number as an additional device to ring for the respective user.

In the admin portal, Users > click on a user > Phone > Call Rules & Voicemail > Incoming calls > scroll down & "Add number or colleague"

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app