question

Jereme Guenther avatar image
Jereme Guenther asked Jereme Guenther commented

Logging into sandbox with softphone

In the old version of ring central you used to be able to download the app and press Ctrl+F2 to log into the sandbox to test making calls with an online device. How do I accomplish that now with the new version of the app?

I am trying to use the

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/call-out

endpoint, and it is telling me I am not providing a valid deviceId.

I am using

/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/extension/extensionId/device

to get the device Id, but the device is showing offline because I cannot log into the softphone in the samebox environment.

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Jereme Guenther commented

You can now use the Web app to use with your sandbox account at https://app.devtest.ringcentral.com

Or you still can use the RingCentral soft phone app as before. Look on the right pane of this page, it's available for download under the "DEVELOPER SANDBOX TOOLS" section.

22 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Jereme Guenther avatar image Jereme Guenther commented ·

As I mentioned in my question, ctrl+F2 no longer works with the main app, so the information on the right page of the page is not helpful.

The web app did get me in, but the device is still not registering as online. And it will not allow me to save an emergency address, and the Company settings return a 404. How do I get it to show the device as online?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Jereme Guenther commented ·

Are you on Windows or Mac OS? It works for me to switch mode

screen-shot-2022-08-03-at-105232-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Jereme Guenther avatar image Jereme Guenther Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

1659549605701.png

It looks like you are using the old app. I was using the new one from the downloads page.

I downloaded the old one, it does let me switch to the dev environment, but it can't make calls out, or set my emergency address.

It seems at the moment that the emergency address issue is holding me up from making calls or bringing the device online.

0 Likes 0 ·
1659549605701.png (19.3 KiB)
Show more comments
Jereme Guenther avatar image
Jereme Guenther answered Jereme Guenther commented

Is there a place where I can subscribe to know when the Ring Central development group has solved the issue of sandbox phones not being able to make test calls?

I would like to wire up automated testing for my integration with the call-out api, but cannot do that until this issue has been fixed.

7 comments
1 |3000

Jereme Guenther avatar image Jereme Guenther commented ·

Hi RingCentral, I appreciate the prior help by Phong Vu, in the end it did not end up solving my issue because I just kept running into more and more problems with the ring central system.

At this point, the best option seems to be to just wait for you to fix the issue where sandbox phones are not able to make test calls. Since I have not heard from anyone on a timeframe for this, is there some other place I can reach out to find out what is going on?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Jereme Guenther commented ·

In the past, it normally took a few hours for the team to fix an issue after being alerted. This time, I don't know exactly what has happened with the outage that it has been taking many days (including the weekend and a public holiday in the U.S) to fix it. All I know is the team is still working on it and it is partially fixed. At lease one can call access sandbox API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jereme Guenther avatar image Jereme Guenther Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I went to see if enough progress has been made that I could continue the integration work. Now it seems as if half of the sandbox is just down.

developers.ringcentral.com - still works

service.devtest.ringcentral.com - Times Out

login.devtest.ringcentral.com - Times Out

app.devtest.ringcentral.com - still works (but can't login obviously)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys