question

don7904 avatar image
don7904 asked garrett-barnwell1874 answered

Removal of early/double SIP 200 OK (False Answer Supervision) for RC users

Hello, I'm trying to get rid of the SIP 200 OK that gets presented whenever a Ring Central DID is dialed. I should not be seeing a 200 OK until the agent answers the phone, but this comes through almost immediately from the platform. In the past, we used to be able to get around this with some settings in the portal, but those are missing. I used to shut off 'notify my supervisor', fax, recording, etc. I have also been able to get RC to make the DID's featureless in the past, but support doesn't seem to understand what I am talking about anymore.

Anyone have any ideas? This is sometimes referred to as Early Acknowledgement or False Answer Supervision. This is completely incompatible with some cloud contact platforms and we need a method to disable it.

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Sorry I can't speak for if RC may be able to change this for you somehow, but have you tried disabling these features on the user side and making sure they are are not set to ring desktop app and desk phone or any other forwarding numbers?  

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

garrett-barnwell1874 avatar image
garrett-barnwell1874 answered
Nothing from RC on this one, eh?
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys