question

Pam McCabe avatar image
Pam McCabe asked dr-dodson-400 answered

Receiving fax from just 1 fax #

For the last few weeks I have been unable to receive any faxes from # 848.444.9801. I receive from everyone else & I am able to send to # 848.444.9801. I was receiving from them prior to a few weeks ago with no problem. They have called their software people & internet. Everything is good on their end. Please advise. Thank you.

fax
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Is this related to a Fax application you have developed? Or are you using the RC app to send/receive faxes?

0 Likes 0 ·
Pam McCabe avatar image Pam McCabe commented ·

I am using RC thru chrome. Fax is being sent from fax machine. As stated though I am having no problem with any other faxes.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Pam McCabe commented ·

Hi! Please submit a ticket for your issue at https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

dr-dodson-400 avatar image
dr-dodson-400 answered

We were having trouble receiving faxes from certain vendors/customers. RC support said problem was on senders end, but come to find out they were being blocked as Robocalls by RC for us. To see if this is true for you, log into RC desktop app under the extension that is assigned the Main Company Fax # and look under calls. If you see "Suspected Robocall" a bunch of times from the sender's fax # this is your problem. To fix (as of Oct. 2023 hopefully - we'll see) had to disable robocall blocking under Users>users with extensions>click main company admin user>Phone>Blocked Calls>Robocalls>Block option... Change this to "Ring devices and apps" from "Play message and disconnect." Hope this helps! We were getting the runaround from everyone and it was a real pain.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app