question

alexey-shpilka10314 avatar image
alexey-shpilka10314 asked Tyler Liu commented

Can not add contact for user

I got a list of all users of my application in the sandbox at

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension

Now I'm inserting the id into the ExtensionId and getting the "errorCode"

error: "CMN-408",

"message": "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [EditPersonalContacts] permission for requested resource."

How do I grant access rights for this action?

contacts
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alexey-shpilka10314 avatar image
alexey-shpilka10314 answered Tyler Liu commented
user for whom I add contact 
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
Could you please try to get token via super admin extension(normally extension number 101)?  Then I guess you can use the token to edit every extension's data.
0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Tyler Liu commented
Hi Alexey,

Adding contact is at extension level, which means if you login with the 101 extension, you can only add/edit contact of the 101 extension. In order to add/edit contact for extension 102, you must login with login credentials for the extension 102. This is the same as when you login the https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com with an admin extension (e.g. 101), if you choose the "Admin Portal", you won't see any option for adding user contact at all. Only when you select "My Extension" option, you will be able to add/edit contact for the extension 101.

+ Phong
5 comments
1 |3000

alexey-shpilka10314 avatar image alexey-shpilka10314 commented ·
if I authorize under the second user through api I get an error
{"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"Invalid resource owner credentials","errors":[{"errorCode":"OAU-140","message":"Invalid resource owner credentials"}]}
0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
As the error message said, it is just because you have wrong username/password for the user extension.
0 Likes 0 ·
alexey-shpilka10314 avatar image alexey-shpilka10314 commented ·
I am authorized by this information to  https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com user 102
0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
The username must be the phone number of the extension 102. Not the email address.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
try username=13127675868&extension=&password=*****

13127675868 is direct number, and extension could be blank.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys