question

customer-service-representative avatar image
customer-service-representative asked 16 John answered

Email to Fax Function

We have been down for 11 days since Friday, August 5th.

At first they mentioned I needed to get SPF, DKIM and DMARC validation for the Fraud Department to enable E2F Function. However, now that I have passed all tests and have had the Fraud Department enable E2F Function again, it is still not working. I have had several case numbers for this issue, however they just told me that they would close and open a new one since this will be escalated to a different department since the E2F Function is enabled yet the faxing option is not working.

Back in April we had the same issue, I called and got it resolved over the phone within two days. Today, I have been calling for 11 days with no success or solutions. We have been a client for over 8 years and are losing clients over this matter.

Outbound email to fax faxes are not even showing up in the sent folder on the ring central app. I don't receive a transmission result of whether it was sent successfully or not.

Need to know if anybody has had this solved yet?

fax
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Everyone, I'm currently reaching out to our Internal Support to get an update of this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
customer-service-representative avatar image customer-service-representative mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you Mary, any updates? Do you need the Case #?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ customer-service-representative commented ·

Hi @customer-service-representative, your cases are being monitored by higher-level Tech Support as of now. Please wait for their updates. To those who haven't submitted a ticket yet, please do so. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Cristopher Miller avatar image Cristopher Miller commented ·

We have this problem too! Have been down for about 4 weeks now. This is pathetic! My case was upgraded to tier 2 but now I can't get anyone to assist me further.

0 Likes 0 ·
customer-service-representative avatar image
customer-service-representative answered

@Mary-Community_Moderator can you assist please? I see you have experience with this issue, really need your time and assistance

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

16 John avatar image
16 John answered customer-service-representative commented

We're having the exact same issue - outgoing faxes were down in April, it was fixed after a few days, but now it's been down for two weeks. We tried all the fixes suggested by support, nothing worked.

This is clearly a problem on RingCentral's side, and not on the user side.

3 comments
1 |3000

customer-service-representative avatar image customer-service-representative commented ·

Hi John, wondering if you are still experiencing issues?

0 Likes 0 ·
16 John avatar image 16 John customer-service-representative commented ·

Yes, we're still down. Ringcentral tech support keeps making ridiculous suggestions to fix the problem on our end, none of which work. I keep telling RC the problem is on their end, but they don't listen. We've had to get our IT people involved, so now this is costing us money.

1 Like 1 ·
customer-service-representative avatar image customer-service-representative 16 John commented ·

I hear you, this is costing us money and clients!

Just found out we are able to fax out using the app directly or going online to app.ringcentral.com - it's not the same as Email to Fax but in the meantime we will be using one of those options.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bobby Medlin CPA Group avatar image
Bobby Medlin CPA Group answered customer-service-representative commented

We are also experiencing this issue. This is an outage that happens periodically, but this is by far the longest period yet.

3 comments
1 |3000

customer-service-representative avatar image customer-service-representative commented ·

Hi Bobby, wondering if you are still experiencing issues?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bobby Medlin CPA Group avatar image Bobby Medlin CPA Group customer-service-representative commented ·

Yes, we are still experiencing issues. We haven't been able to use this feature since 7/27/22.

0 Likes 0 ·
customer-service-representative avatar image customer-service-representative Bobby Medlin CPA Group commented ·

Wow, we are a few days behind you - hard to believe they have had you without that future for almost a month, I hope they really are coming up with solutions.

We just found out we are able to fax out using the app directly or going online to app.ringcentral.com - hopefully that can help you guys in the meantime.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rocky Long avatar image
Rocky Long answered Rocky Long edited

Wow is it nice to see others having this issue. Been working with RC support for 2 weeks and they have been telling us its our problem from day one. This also just started happening to us 8/25.

Email to fax works as long as an attachment is included. No attachment the email to fax acts like it was never sent.

This happens no matter what email service we send the fax from....yes those other addresses were added to the allowed email send. Support refuses escalate. We are having to include blank attachments for the email to fax to work. RC Support its obviously not just us having an issue

Thank you

1 |3000

16 John avatar image
16 John answered customer-service-representative commented

We had to have our IT people configure and verify the DMARC for our email domain. It took them 2 or 3 tries, but eventually that seemed to fix it

1 comment
1 |3000

Hi John,

I am so glad it is working on your end now! We are still down, would you be able to let us know what finally made the trick with your DMARC verification? Our IT Department has checked everything and claim that everything is set up on our end. Is that with Gmail?

0 Likes 0 ·
16 John avatar image
16 John answered

Here's the email I got from RC support. We have a Microsoft Exchange email server.

Hi, I checked the email domain you gave and DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance) ofr the said domain is not configured. Please refer to this link on how to configure DMARC:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Best-Practices-to-Prevent-RingCentral-Email-to-Fax-Service-from-Blocking-Faxes.html

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app