question

Rahul Bhandari avatar image
Rahul Bhandari asked Phong Vu commented

Service unavailable popup in ringcentral phone app

Not able to login ringcentral phone app for windows as it keeps giving "Service unavailable " popupringcentral_popup.PNG

ringcentral app
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Are you on the sandbox mode or on the production mode?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rahul Bhandari avatar image Rahul Bhandari Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

sandbox mode

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Rahul Bhandari commented ·

I just login my sandbox successfully. Can you login the app.devtest.ringcentral.com?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

I found the root cause of the problem. Your sandbox account is a new one and there are some changes in the phone (digital line) selection option, that force developer to chose either an existing desk phone or the RC app. Before the option was an existing desk phone or the RingCentral soft phone. Because of this, you cannot start using the soft phone to set the emergency address and the RC app for sandbox has an issue to save the emergency address. The problem has been reported and the team is investigating and fixing it.

I don't have a workaround solution right now for you to use the RC app or the RingCentral soft phone.

I'll update you when the problem is fixed as soon as I get the status.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Rahul Bhandari avatar image Rahul Bhandari commented ·

Sure, I will be waiting. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Rahul Bhandari avatar image Rahul Bhandari commented ·

Hi , Is there any update on this issue? is there any workound by which we can proceed?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Rahul Bhandari commented ·

No yet. This may take some time.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys