News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Getting "Can't reach device id specified in the request" error while trying to supervise the call using Existing SIP Phone
Tags: sip
Aug 19, 2022 at 8:06am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
TFOMIA RCDevUser

We have registered out Existing Phone (SIP Phone) in service.devtest.ringcentral.com portal. After registration we got the device id that we are trying to use to supervise the call using that SIP Phone. But whenever we hit the https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/telephony/sessions/telephonySessionId/supervise api we are getting the error "Can't reach deviceId specified in request". Also, after registration we have checked the status of Existing Phone and it is showing as Online. Please refer the screenshot below:
1660921411950.png

Kindly review the above details and let us know if we are missing any step

Sample Code:

1660921570241.png

2 Answers
answered on Jan 23, 2023 at 9:32am  

@Shankar Jha I see you posted a comment and the system blocked it. This is due to the code in your post. Clean it up to make it readable (not that all in new lines) and post it again to pass the system content checking.

Not like this

screen-shot-2023-01-23-at-92846-am.png

answered on Jan 24, 2023 at 10:10am  

I am using softphone sdk for call supervision. I am using a REST API call to activate the call supervision. This API can be used for call supervision. https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Control/superviseCallSession. This require a `telephonySessionId` for call supervision. I am providing that from the sip message headers using: `p-rc-api-ids': 'party-id=p-a1c1444275c32z185df69b9c9z133db40000-2;session-id=s-a1c1444275c32z185df69b9c9z133db40000'

But I am getting a 404 not found error.

Here is my code

answered on Aug 20, 2022 at 5:24am  

Is your "Existing SIP Phone" assigned to a user extension, who is a supervisor in the call monitor group?

on Aug 21, 2022 at 10:08pm   •  0 likes

Yes ...We have assigned the existing phone to the supervisor to monitor the call.

on Aug 22, 2022 at 1:13am   •  0 likes

Can you make a voice call to the supervised extension (either to its direct number or via main company number * extension number) to see if your "existing SIP Phone" receive the incoming call and be able to connect to that call?

Or can you use the device id to make a call-out call programmatically?

Note: To avoid mistake, you don't need to specify the accountId when calling an API using the .Net SDK. The SDK uses the '~' tilde and the server recognize the account from the access token of the authenticated user.

on Aug 22, 2022 at 2:12am   •  0 likes

Yes ..I am able to receive the calls on my Existing Phone number. As suggested, I also removed the account id from the api call but still getting the same exception. Also, I noticed that when we call the call supervision api using the Existing Phone Device Id, we get the missed call notification in the call logs.

on Aug 22, 2022 at 6:14am   •  0 likes

I see the RingCentral Phone app on the list. Can you select that device and use that device id to supervise a call to see if it works. This is just to make sure your supervision settings are correct and isolate the problem for further investigation.

on Aug 22, 2022 at 11:27am   •  0 likes

Thanks for your reply..
Yes..it is working if we use the RingCentral Phone app device id to supervise the call. Supervisor phone (RingCentral App) get the call (based on the telephone session id) if we use the rc app device id for call monitoring.

Sample Code:

SuperviseCallSessionRequest Scr = new SuperviseCallSessionRequest

{

mode = "Listen",

supervisorDeviceId = deviceId, [Ringcentral App Device Id]

agentExtensionId = agentExtensionId,

};

var result1 = await rc.Restapi().Account(accountId).Telephony().Sessions(telephonySessionId).Supervise().Post(Scr, null);

Kindly review the above details and suggest the debugging step regarding existing phone device id issue.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us