question

Ramon Alvarado avatar image
Ramon Alvarado asked Glen Kelleway sent

Plantronics Hub / Constant Ringing

The constant ringing occurs with these conditions:
  • RingCentral Desktop app version 22.3.10 or higher
  • 'Headset controls' turned on
  • Plantronics Hub installed and using a Plantronics headset.

The RC app continues to ring if I don't pick up an incoming call or I'm on an existing call and I don't pick up. The ringing will not stop unless I turn off 'Headset controls'. This all began with RingCentral Desktop app version 22.3.10 (around 8/1/22) and support hasn't found a fix as of this writing, 9/13/22.
This is affecting multiple users with two different Plantronics headsets models (Savi 8220 and Savi W710). Jabra users are not affected.
RingCentral_MfP23jWvib.png

Is anyone else having this issue?

ringcentral appringout
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

I know that one customer did a reset/power cycle of the headset, but it may be an issue with the Plantronics Hub.
If you've not submitted a case, I would recommend doing so - we can collect those customers that are experiencing this issue and escalate as needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve High avatar image Steve High commented ·

We have the same issue it is very annoying.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kyle Heney avatar image Kyle Heney Steve High commented ·

We're having a similar issue. Plantronics headset is constantly doing a 3 beep noise, like a call is on hold or something. The usb dongle flashes blue and the headset itself flashes as if it is on an active call or on hold. The noise is present when no calls are active. As soon as I quit the application, the sound goes away, so the noise is definitely coming from or caused by the RC Application.

To resolve this, we have to quit the application and reopen it. It's unclear what causes it to start again. For each case, the users are part of a call queue, though I can't confirm that is related.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Kyle Heney commented ·

Hey, @Kyle Heney Have you created a case for this with Support?
If this is a bug that requires attention, it's always good to create a case for visibility.
If the Community team can help with that, please don't hesitate to reach out here or via Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app