News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
"errorCode": "MSG-242", "message": "The requested feature is not available"
Tags: errors
Oct 18, 2022 at 7:01am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Colorado 145

I am able to send SMS using sandbox number "+16282312108" but not able to send SMS using production number "+1 (XXX) YYY-8004". When I try to send it shows

{ "errorCode" : "FeatureNotAvailable" , "message" : "The requested feature is not available" , "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "MSG-242" , "message" : "The requested feature is not available" } ] }

Please help, I am a premium customer of MVP.

1666089536571.png

2 Answers
answered on Oct 18, 2022 at 1:21pm  

I am also receiving this error with my sandbox account.

{ "errorCode": "FeatureNotAvailable", "message": "The requested feature is not available", "errors": [ { "errorCode": "MSG-242", "message": "The requested feature is not available" } ]}

Can you please clearly outline the steps that must be taken to enable sending SMS. My sandbox number is +14372538950.

on Oct 18, 2022 at 1:27pm   •  0 likes

Because the sandbox environment does not support A2P SMS at all if that API call was the /a2p/batches endpoint.

I see the number was not enabled for SMS. I enabled it but not sure if it's enough for now. Try again and let me know.

on Dec 19, 2022 at 9:27am   •  0 likes

Could you help me to enable this number for the same issue please

+18443267900

on Dec 19, 2022 at 9:31am   •  0 likes

Please don't ride on an old thread, particularly it has been answered because of the following reasons:

1. It sends unnecessary notification to all developers in the thread

2. It's hard to find the new comment within an old thread

Always post a new question and if you want to refer to a related old thread in your question, copy the URL of the old thread and paste it in your question.

on Oct 18, 2022 at 1:37pm   •  0 likes

Thank you for enabling SMS, it is working now. Why wasn't this enabled by default. Is this something I could have done myself? If so, can you please provide the steps to enable this?

on Oct 18, 2022 at 2:13pm   •  0 likes

EDITTED:

There are numbers in the pool that are not provisioned for SMS. And when you create a new sandbox, the system just picks a number and assign to the newly created account and your sandbox got that kind number.

on Oct 18, 2022 at 2:31pm   •  0 likes

This really should be included in the documentation with clear steps for how to resolve it. For a very simple use-case (i.e. sending an SMS) which I've done in the past, setting up the app this time, I spent hours trying to debug an issue that I now see I had no way to resolve without reaching out to you. This is not fair to future developers. Please include a caution in the docs

on Oct 18, 2022 at 1:31pm   •  0 likes

Hi Phong,

I'm not using the A2P SMS endpoint. I'm using the Send SMS endpoint. As referenced here:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/SMS/createSMSMessage

Can you please provide the steps I need to take to fix this issue.

answered on Oct 18, 2022 at 7:29am  

First of all, I masked your company production number in your question.

Having a look at your account, I see the number is the main company number and it has been provisioned for A2P SMS. This means that you cannot send SMS messages from that number using the /sms endpoint. Instead, you have to use the /a2p/batches endpoint. Also, since it is the main company number, the user who is set to handle calls to that number in your IVR settings is the number owner. And in your case, it is you I guess.

Make sure that your app has the A2PSMS permission.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us