question

Dennis Cashton avatar image
Dennis Cashton asked Dennis Cashton commented

Can I assign 2 direct numbers to one phone and/or app?

I have one phone system user that wants to be able to answer calls coming in to 2 (or 3) different direct numbers. I set up a call queue for one of the numbers and it works fine through the IVR menu that I set up. (Press 4 for xxxx). However, one other number cannot go through IVR, so if I forward it to the user's phone, he has no idea that it is coming from that "special" number. Is there a way around this?

ringcentral appphone numbers
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ryan-gosling avatar image
ryan-gosling answered Dennis Cashton commented

Yeah there is a way, if I am understanding you correctly.

Solution:
Create another call queue. Add the user to the call queue. Assign that "special" number to the call queue. There is no need for the call queue to be a part of a Multi-level IVR.
Multi-level IVR = key presses for the callers.

It works with a call queue because if you go to
Phone System > Groups > Call queues > click on the call queue > Call Handling > Display Settings

here you can choose 2 caller ID's. I suggest you try using
1. Phone Number (this will display the dialed number, aka the "special" number)
2. Caller ID Name (this will display the number of the caller)

It doesn't work with assigning the number directly to a user, because if you go to
Users > click on a user > Call Handling > Settings > incoming caller Information
here you can only choose 1, either the dialed number, or the number of the caller.
Only call queues have the capability to display more information.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dennis Cashton avatar image Dennis Cashton commented ·

Thanks! It worked!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app