question

Richard Garel-Jones avatar image
Richard Garel-Jones asked Richard Garel-Jones commented

Can't enable automatic call recording

Please can automatic call recording be enabled on our sandbox account.

Organization:
Main Company Number:
+17743020108

call recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Sorry, the feature is not available in sandbox. If this is critical for your app development project, open a support ticket and request for enable it.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Richard Garel-Jones avatar image
Richard Garel-Jones answered Richard Garel-Jones commented

@Phong Vu

I raised a ticket and the only response I'm getting is telling me to upgrade to premium or ultimate and pay $44 per user per month. Is this correct? We're a call recording ISV looking to develop an integration to import recordings into our cloud platform. It seems strange that RC have a sandbox version that's free for devs but of no use for a call recording integration?

4 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

No, this is not correct. Give me your sandbox account main company number.

0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Garel-Jones avatar image Richard Garel-Jones Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Here you go

Main Company Number:
+17743020108

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Richard Garel-Jones commented ·

That is not your sandbox number. It is the "Production" number for your Free-Tier developer account only. I found your account though.

You sandbox main company number end with xxx xxx-5135 and you can find it under the "Sandbox Accounts" option in your RingCentral developer portal. Remember to login and setup your sandbox and login the RC app with correct user credentials (not the credentials you login the dev portal!)

Automatic call recording is enabled now for your sandbox account.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys