question

lupita-adams avatar image
lupita-adams asked Phong Vu answered

How can I pick up other RC ringing lines (other extensions) in the office without leaving my desk?

I have read the other comments and questions, but I don't see a "how to" on how I can pick up another ringing line in the office without leaving my seat. I really just want to be able to hear that there is a line ringing somewhere in the office - and dial a number or pick an option - and be able to answer that call from my desk, without getting up. All of the workstations in the office have the desktop app and then secondly, some have the desk phones we rented from RC and some use the mobile app (their own cell phones) to answer their calls. When I am in the office alone, I want to be able to pick up the call myself from my desk... either using the desktop or mobile app - without getting up and without assigning my phone to ring when theirs does?

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

No, you cannot pickup a call for other user. You can ask each user to set their call handling rule to forward a call to you if they don't answer a call after a number of ringing times.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys