question

Krishna Kannaji avatar image
Krishna Kannaji asked Krishna Kannaji commented

Integration with Hubspot to log the sms activity

Hi Team,

We are trying to log all the sms activities communicated through Hubspot workflow automation, Ringcentral chrome extension and Ringcentral mobile app using timeline apis into Hubspot, figured out a way to log automation and extension.

I am using message store api to see all the Inbound and Outbound messages.(https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/extension/extensionId/message-store )

Coming to mobile app, I am using production credentials to login and hence i am unable to see the data in the api. Is there a way to login using sandbox credentials for the app, so I can see the data in the message store api and can log those messages into hubspot.

Please let me know a way to log the mobile app messages to hubspot using sandbox to login.

Thanks,
krishna

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Krishna Kannaji commented

So your question is about how to login the RingCentral mobile app using sandbox account credentials? Unfortunately, the RC mobile app does not support sandbox environment. You have to use the RingCentral softphone app for desktop and switch sandbox mode instead.

• Windows: Ctrl+F2
  • Mac: Fn+Command+F2
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Krishna Kannaji avatar image Krishna Kannaji commented ·

So, RC softphone app for desktop is similar to mobile app correct? If i make calls/messages from the softphone app using sandbox, can I see the data in the message store api?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Krishna Kannaji commented ·

Yes

0 Likes 0 ·
Krishna Kannaji avatar image Krishna Kannaji Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Vu, can you please let me know how to build custom version of chrome extension, so that I login using sandbox.

I gave the client id and secret in config.js and loaded package, but I cannot see the extension in hubspot. Can you please help me with this.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Anirban edited

Logging into softphone in Sandbox mode is there in RingCentral API official reference document guide:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/basics/your-rc-phone

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys