question

matt-spinks2179 avatar image
matt-spinks2179 asked Anirban edited

Where is the EditCallLog permission?

I am needing to add a permission for my app to be able to delete call log entries and recordings. After some digging, I found that I need to add the EditCallLog permission to my app in order to do this. And in the developer guide I see this listing in the Application Permissions:

Seems simple enough. However, when I navigate to my app settings, the permissions there don't seem to match:

There is no EditCallLog entry anywhere in that list. Is there a different permission I need to add that includes the EditCallLog permission?

To further elaborate on this, I have my code set up to run the delete procedure. Here is what that looks like:

var url = RingCentralActions.Config.ApiUrl + "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/call-log/" + callId;
            var request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);
            request.Method = "DELETE";
            request.Headers.Add("Authorization", "Bearer " + AccessToken);
            request.Accept = "application/json";
            using (HttpWebResponse response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse())
            {
                //DO MORE STUFF HERE...
            }

and I am getting this response:

403 Forbidden
{
  "errorCode" : "InsufficientPermissions",
  "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [EditCallLog] permission",
  "errors" : [ {
    "errorCode" : "CMN-401",
    "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [EditCallLog] permission",
    "permissionName" : "EditCallLog"
  } ],
  "permissionName" : "EditCallLog"
}

rest api
1595862067101.png (114.0 KiB)
1595862133324.png (88.1 KiB)
1595862156297.png (43.5 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Anirban edited

Some permissions like "EditAccounts " or "EditCallLog " are advanced permission that can be added by the backend developer support team on behalf of you.

All you need is to submit a request through this support ticket with your client ID to add this permission in your app.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys