question

jonh-smith10658 avatar image
jonh-smith10658 asked Tyler Liu commented

How can I find out PersonId and other information for Glip API?

I'm writing an application that interacts with the Glip API, but I can not find the value of the personID and groupID

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
What type of app are you trying to create?

• In a bot application, your bot will receive an event with a groupID which can be used to retrieve a list of personIds in the group.
  • If you want to post directly, you can retrieve a list of groups with groupIds with associated personIds.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Here is the API for Glip:  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#GlipApi.html

You request for group and person information using the API.

As John said, if you setup WebHook / PubNub  to receive Glip events, there should be GroupId in the event message. 
1 |3000

jonh-smith10658 avatar image
jonh-smith10658 answered Tyler Liu commented
For example, I want to make the Glip API request /restapi/v1.0/glip/persons/{personid},
how to find the value of the user "personid" in Glip?
I have a user in Glip but his "ID" did not find it, as well as the data "ID" of his group (team).

1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
You can list all of the groups:/restapi/v1.0/glip/groups. And in these groups there must be the group containing the person you mentioned.

For each of these groups, there is a members property containing all the person IDs. Then you can /restapi/v1.0/glip/persons/{personid} to get person information by ID.
1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys