question

Susan Pieroni avatar image
Susan Pieroni asked mary-community-moderator commented

Move limited telephone number to inventory

I have several desk phones that were assigned limited extensions that are no longer needed. My end goal is to use the phones as spares and move the telephone numbers into inventory. The extension is no longer needed and would like to delete it. I can't seem to find any documentation to accomplish this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

extension
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Susan, I am currently checking if this is possible, and I'll provide you the steps if it is.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Hi @Susan Pieroni, I found the answer to your question!

Removing a limited extension can be done by following the instructions found on our support page. It is towards the bottom of the page. (link below)

Once you follow the directions on this page for "Deleting Limited Extension (optional)," The phone will be placed in "Phones and Devices - Unassigned," and the phone number will still show under the limited extensions. You can then go ahead and delete the number from the limited extensions page, and the system will ask you if you want to keep the number or delete it. If you decide to keep the number, the number will then be placed back into inventory.

https://support.ringcentral.com/gb/en/article/Limited-Extension-Convert-a-Limited-Extension-Line-to-a-Digital-Line-RingCentral.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

john-oliphant avatar image
john-oliphant answered mary-community-moderator commented

This link doesn't work anymore. :-)

Is this the right one?
Converting a Limited Extension Line to a Digital Line | RingCentral MVP

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, this is the right one! Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app