question

adam-antoszewski avatar image
adam-antoszewski asked Tyler Liu answered

How do I launch Glip.exe with parameters?

How do I launch Glip.exe and open a chat with a specific user?

We have an application that interacts with RC phone and Glip. We are implementing a connection with RingCentral now in place of Cisco Finesse. One of the features allows user to launch the chat application with a chat started for a specific user.

I was able to modify windows registry to open Glip.exe as a default application:

C:\Users\fname.lname\AppData\Local\Glip\Update.exe --processStart Glip.exe

But how do I submit a parameter for the chat? Probably an account Id?

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I don't think it is possible with the current Glip.exe. As far as I can tell, Glip.exe is just the web version inside electron. And the web version doesn't allow you to start chat with an user via parameter.

With above being said, RingCentral is developing a brand new Glip web version and also desktop version. This feature might be available in the new version. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys