question

Keith McCrone avatar image
Keith McCrone asked Keith McCrone commented

SMS messages containing email address or URL now blocked?

Earlier this week, some SMS messages started bouncing with a "Message not sent" indicator. Only ones containing an email address or URL were bouncing. All others worked fine.

RingCentral Support informs us this content is no longer allowed, per RC policy.

Is anyone else affected by this?

sms and text messagingsending sms
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Keith McCrone avatar image Keith McCrone commented ·

It was reported to RingCentral Web Portal Support <webportalsupport@ringcentral.com>

I 'cc'd Community.Support@RingCentral.com on a request for an update a few minutes ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jill Dunkel avatar image Jill Dunkel commented ·

I am also having this issue. Are you still?

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Jill Dunkel commented ·

Jill, are you having the same explicit issues with the URLs and email addresses?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Keith McCrone commented
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thank you. We discovered that only messages containing our URL are being bounced. Messages containing other websites are processed as usual.

0 Likes 0 ·

Curious if anyone else is affected by this. RingCentral support is non-responsive on the open ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Keith McCrone commented ·

Hi Keith, I will check the status of your case, and update you.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Keith McCrone commented ·

Hi Keith, may I know how you submitted your TCR? Shoot us an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Keith McCrone avatar image Keith McCrone mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

It was reported to RingCentral Web Portal Support <webportalsupport@ringcentral.com>

I 'cc'd Community.Support@RingCentral.com on a request for an update a few minutes ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app