question

Craig Larkin avatar image
Craig Larkin asked Merlin Kirkpatrick commented

RC Desktop Contacts does not display or search Company Name

Hi there.

Windows 10

RC Desktop version 22.1.31.2866 Windows (x64)

I sync my iPhone contacts to Microsoft 365 and have connected RC Contacts to Microsoft 365 as a viable way to sync my mobile phone contacts list with RC.

I have many contact entries which comprise a business name entered in the Company field, with no Firstname or Lastname entered as it's an entry for a company or business, not a person.

RC does not dislay the Company name in Contacts. All I get is numerous entries with a phone number only:

rc1.jpgThe business name field exists and is displayed when I click "View profile":

rc2.jpg

RC Contact will also not search on a Company name so I cannot search for the contact I am trying to find (knowing that the contact exists).

Why does RC not display or search the Company field that exists in the contact record?

How can this fault be rectified such that my contacts list will display a Company name and number and I can search for a contact by Company?

Cheers

Craig

contacts
rc1.jpg (71.0 KiB)
rc2.jpg (93.3 KiB)
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Craig Larkin, I'd love to have this feature too! Would you please submit a feature request in the Ideas Portal? Thank you!

-1 Like -1 ·
Craig Larkin avatar image Craig Larkin mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Mary

Hardly a novel idea - pretty basic functionality really.

Anyway I've added as a New Idea.

Cheers

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Craig Larkin commented ·

Thanks, Craig! Could you share the link here so others can vote on it too?

0 Likes 0 ·
Merlin Kirkpatrick avatar image Merlin Kirkpatrick mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

I love when a company messes up a program and then treats the fix like a "feature request". If the phone dialing program could not dial.. would dialing be considered a feature? No.. The absence of presumed and critical core function is something that was over looked in the core programming and is A BUG. Not indexing the company/organization name in the address book is a huge OOPSIE and is a BUG. And the fact that you have overlooked this for so long just goes to show that Ring Central needs to reconsider how they approach missing functionality. The fact that someone just pointed out a critical bug to you and Ring Central's response was.. "[Well perhaps YOU, should go and create a feature request for it]" is just shameful.. I mean how many people have to notice it and vote for it before you fix it? You now clearly know this is a problem. Business people cannot use your app to do busines as a result... NOW GO FIX IT!

I have spoken.

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Larkin avatar image
Craig Larkin answered mary-community-moderator commented

Thanks Mary.

Link to Idea here:
https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-7844

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for posting it here, Craig!

0 Likes 0 ·
Billy Whaley avatar image
Billy Whaley answered

Finally decided to take more time to look into this as well as its always bugged me, just thought I was doing something wrong. Can't search by Company name, how in the world can a business phone system not look up contacts by business name.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app