News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
SMS still not working and no response from support
Tags: sms and text messaging
Feb 27, 2023 at 7:06am   •   7 replies  •  1 likes
Jordan Kalber

SMS is still not working for new requests/numbers. I have two tickets opened and neither are being updated with any type of response from RingCentral Support. We are being billed for SMS but it is not working. We submitted the appropriate TCR forms well over a month ago and I confirmed with RingCentral last month that the form was received. This TCR rollout has been an absolute nightmare and the support we have received has been even worse. Regretting that we ever moved our phone system over to RingCentral.

on Mar 20, 2023 at 11:48am   •  0 likes

We have a similar problem but not identical.
We got approved last year but our Enhanced Business SMS has not been added to our Admin Portal (should be under the Phone System). Half of our staff can text most weeks but the other half cannot text at all. I've been dealing with this since November (5 months). Now it;'s down to the wire before all SMS users will get locked out because of an option that I don't even have access to. Even my account manager is confused.

on Mar 21, 2023 at 9:14am   •  0 likes

@John Wilkinson I am looking into the status of your registration.
Can you please shoot us an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com and I'll work with our TCR Program Management team to share an update there.

Thanks!

on Mar 21, 2023 at 9:28am   •  0 likes

There is a limit to how many times you can tell people this, then not follow up with them at all. I have had at least 4 people from Ring tell me they would follow up with me, including 2 direct phone calls who said they would check into it and call me back. So far, zero of them have called or emailed me a second time. I would love some support, if anybody there knows what that means. Preferably before my SMS service stops working next week (maybe...?).

on Mar 21, 2023 at 10:31am   •  0 likes

Steve, that's my experience too. Goodbye RingCentral.

on Mar 21, 2023 at 9:36am   •  0 likes

@Steve Lansing Every customer is different - Lisa received your email and will be circling back with you.

on Mar 16, 2023 at 9:12am   •  0 likes

Agree! it's confusing.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 9:59am   •  0 likes

We do not use campaigns either. Just 1-to-1 texts. But, this is broken before the 3/31 deadline, so something has gone amiss with RingCentral. I do not know if this is really about campaigns. How would I? Nobody is telling me anything.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 11:26am   •  0 likes

Just to clarify, a TCR Campaign (terrible name for this) is really "how are you using SMS." It's not a campaign in the traditional sense.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 6:29am   •  0 likes

The funny thing about all of this is we don't even send campaigns, we use TextUs for that. We just send 1to1 text messages in RingCentral to our clients/prospects. We are waiting for campaign forms to be "approved" that we won't even be using.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 9:32am   •  0 likes

Why do you keep deleting my posts @Becky-Community_Manager ?

on Mar 8, 2023 at 9:34am   •  0 likes

I get that you're upset - but we have Community Guidelines in place to keep this space positive and professional and work to resolve issues.
I will delete any posts that are not actively asking for help or working toward a resolution.
Your concerns have been acknowledged and we'll continue to work to support you moving forward.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:04am   •  0 likes

My concerns have not been acknowledged. Nobody has told me anything about why the service is broken, when it might be fixed, or anything else. I would welcome any such information, if you have it. I have "we'll get back to you". I need support. Can you help?

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:32am   •  0 likes

@Steve Lansing Share with me your best contact number via email so that I can connect you with one of our TCR Program Managers.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:34am   •  0 likes

732-530-6729

on Mar 8, 2023 at 5:40am   •  0 likes

Same problem here. I submitted the form January 30, 2023 and SMS still doesn't work.

I am the only one in my team that can't send text messages; my phone number is not new plus I'm the ADMIN!.

No updates from support.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:01am   •  0 likes

I am also the admin, cannot send/receive texts, my number is not new this year, no idea. It is not working. I do not have an Enhanced SMS section in my admin panel. Nothing is working and nobody is talking to me. I have tried every avenue and nobody knows anything. They tell me they'll get back to me.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 11:23am   •  0 likes

Steve Lansing, I don't have the Enhanced EMS on my panel either. How can we create a Brand or move forward without it???

on Mar 8, 2023 at 11:36am   •  0 likes

The webinar, this question was somewhat answered. It is not on the admin panel if you were an early actor and already used the other method to start the registration. Unfortunately, nobody from TCR is contacting me about my registration, and I have zero visibility into it. Hopefully Becky or someone else at RC can get this pushed through for us.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 9:30am   •  0 likes

@Diony Sanchez The issue with SMS right now is an outage and can be monitored via our Status Site found HERE.

As for TCR, I am reviewing your cases and see that your submission had missing/invalid Tax ID/EIN.
I would recommend resubmitting your registration through the Admin Portal.
Please reach out to myself or someone from my team at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Mar 8, 2023 at 6:01am   •  0 likes

This Seminar they are toting seems like a joke and for users that are still new to the TCR process. It doesn't seem to cover the massive failure to provide service to those of us who did it all correctly. We filed our campaign and admin TCR on 2/21!!!

on Mar 7, 2023 at 5:42am   •  0 likes

What an absolute nightmare, paying for a service that we can't even utilize. I keep being told the TCR process can take 20-30 business days. IT HAS BEEN 31 BUSINESS DAYS SINCE WE SUBMITTED THIS FREAKING REQUEST. Absolutely ZERO support.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 6:50am   •  0 likes

@Jordan Kalber I received word from the TCR Program Team that you registered your brand via the Admin Portal, but no campaign. Please jump back in, and register your campaign and once registered the team will escalate for prioritization.

If you would like to speak with someone, I'm glad to connect you.
Please shoot me an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 6:52am   •  0 likes

That is not true at all. I did that registration on the portal yesterday as a last resort hoping it would resolve the issue because I saw another community member here stating they did that and were able to text shortly after. I submitted the TCR form last month, on time and as instructed by RingCentral so you should check back with your support team because they are providing you with false information and I don't appreciate that.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 6:54am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager - this is nothing short of a LIE. And check your boards - do you think ALL OF US did things wrong? I cannot believe RC is not taking responsibility for this and fixing it. We did the same as Jordan weeks in advance.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 8:51am   •  0 likes

@Jordan Kalber, I am working with the information that was provided from the TCR Program Team who has insight into your submission.
I would recommend popping in to check. If indeed it is submitted, I will challenge the TCR Program Team to dig deeper.

@Tate BorcomanYour situation, Jordan's, and other customers could be drastically different based on your company and it's SMS usage. I'm happy to escalate your concern to the TCR Program Management Team and identify next steps for your concerns.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 8:53am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager please do but keep in mind we have tried for 24 hours to get help an no one can help us and only keep redirecting us to the steps we completed weeks ago. I am surprised at how little accountability ring central is taking given the mass number of people with the same complaints on the same days of the occurence.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 9:15am   •  0 likes

@Tate Borcoman I have escalated to our TCR Program Team.
Someone will be reaching out today.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 10:48am   •  0 likes

@Becky-Community_Manager I just spoke to Jose from the Tech Support team and his direct quote was "We don't know why this is going on, I will have to get my supervisor involved." He couldn't even help us at all and said this will take some time to rectify. He didn't even know who you were or about the erroneous charges that were occurring because of the API issues.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 5:40pm   •  0 likes

Same thing here. No help. Lots of time on hold. No answers. Nobody even seems to know what's going on. "We'll get right on it and get back to you." When? Never? Seems like it. Complete nonsense. Totally frustrated.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 5:53pm   •  0 likes

Tate, Steve, and Jason - if you are able to attend we will be hosting a webinar tomorrow at 10am PST. During this webinar I will be personally providing an update on what is happening, and what actions RingCentral is taking, as well as taking Q&A to try and provide the most up to date and accurate information to our customers.

https://go.ringcentral.com/overview-and-qa-for-tcr-registration-registration.html

on Mar 8, 2023 at 10:11am   •  0 likes

No link to webinar for me.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 4:43am   •  0 likes

We will be there and did have a call from a Project Manager helping us out. No one yet has answered us why we did everything correctly weeks ago only to find we've had SMS canceled. My impression is this is a general webinar showing how to get a campaign and TCR going - well we did that 3 weeks ago!! Hopefully RC is prepared to answer how they failed the companies that did everything correctly and well in advance!

on Mar 7, 2023 at 10:52am   •  0 likes

@jason_snyder I can't speak for the agent that you worked with, but I am happy to assist. Please share with me, via email, your concerns and my team can help with escalation.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Feb 27, 2023 at 9:15am   •  0 likes

@Jordan Kalber I am working with our TCR Program Managers to identify the status of your registration. More info as soon as I get an update.

on Feb 28, 2023 at 11:09am   •  1 likes

Still zero updates from support.

on Feb 28, 2023 at 12:21pm   •  0 likes

Jordan, I will share an update when I get an update. I know that's not the immediate response you want, but I assure you my small Community team is doing the best we can to support all the folks in this space that are seeking assistance.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 5:00am   •  1 likes

What's their to say? Ring Central absolutely botched the TRC roll out and companies cannot text that should be able to

on Mar 6, 2023 at 8:28am   •  0 likes

Good morning Becky, seeing if you by chance had an update? It's been a couple days now so I am just circling back here.

on Mar 6, 2023 at 4:41pm   •  0 likes

@Jordan Kalber Thanks for circling back. Let me check in with the team.
It's been a hairy day so thanks for your patience in my getting back to you so much later in the day.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 5:38pm   •  0 likes

Any word? I'm guessing not.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 5:29am   •  0 likes

Steve, absolutely not. This is horrendous - I've reached out to our sales point of contact from before we went live, it's my last resort since support here in the community is the same I am receiving from RingCentral Support. It's the same run around "Your form is still in processing and it can take 20-30business days". It's been well over 30 business days. We are going to start looking for a new service provider.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 6:00am   •  0 likes

Same here - we are actively looking at new providers and cannot believe the incompetence thus far in fixing this issue!

on Mar 8, 2023 at 5:39am   •  0 likes

I have done this as well, since at least it's a human being I can get a response from, but it's the same song and dance. "I'll put you in touch with someone from our team and they'll blah blah blah." Total runaround. Some sort of webinar today apparently. I assume it's just more time-wasting for me, but whatever. I can't switch before then anyway, so I'll attend.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 11:31am   •  0 likes

Ok thanks, looking forward to hearing an update.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us