question

skip-lawyer-services-inc avatar image
skip-lawyer-services-inc asked Phong Vu commented

SMS FeatureNotAvailable in Sanbox

I'm trying to test sending an SMS from the sandbox with phone number "16502420326" (sandbox phone number), but I am getting the following error:

Failed to send message: Client error: `POST https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms` resulted in a `403 Forbidden` response:

{

"errorCode" : "FeatureNotAvailable",

"message" : "The requested feature is not available",

"errors" : [ {

"e (truncated...)

I've read in other questions posted by members of the community that the sandbox phone number needs to be enabled from RingCentral end in order to test SMS functionality.

Could someone please enable SMS for my account? Thanks!

rest apisms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Enabled. Please retest.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

skip-lawyer-services-inc avatar image skip-lawyer-services-inc commented ·

It's working now. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
skip-lawyer-services-inc avatar image skip-lawyer-services-inc commented ·

Hello, the application is now in production with phone number: 18004674112 and I'm getting the same error:

Failed to send message: Client error: `POST https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/sms` resulted in a `403 Forbidden` response:

{

"errorCode" : "FeatureNotAvailable",

"message" : "The requested feature is not available",

"errors" : [ {

"e (truncated...)

Could you please enable SMS for the production phone number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ skip-lawyer-services-inc commented ·

Does you company (account) have a TCR campaign registration? If not, login production your account admin portal and submit a TCR registration request.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys